Monday, February 2, 2015

ancient night wind

(my apologies - this is still more raw than I think right, but sometimes they need to sit in the sun by themselves, fermenting out beyond the ready reach of my fingertips)

the wind
my wind
                        blew through you too?

I didn’t know
            you felt it so

I thought you the tail
            of the kite
            dragged along behind
            the wind and I

you thought the kite was us
ages and eons and children too late
            the kite lost you

our words and hearts
            sat on opposite sides
            of the moment
and brought us along
            parallel paths
            but neither of us moved through the other

I regretting leaving you
            outside the wind
Now I regret you thinking
            all these years
            that you’d been inside the wind as well.

Twenty years
            of noisy winds
            that said nothing
            in the end

Kites more drag than lift
a thousand ways to fight the wind

you were faithless and fickle first
til I realized
            I’d cheated
            on you
            all along
            with the wind
            just me and the wind.
            my wind and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment