Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Polaroid Paragraphs

Some time back, I created a separate blog called "Thirty Minute Photo." The premise was that, at least several times a week, I'd write a scene in 30 minutes and post it, largely unedited.  So, for each entry, I'd produce a snapshot in 30 minutes like one of those quick photo booth places from back in the day when people used "that film stuff" and weren't all digital.

That worked so well that I forgot about it after the first week, then months later, abandoned it entirely and deleted the whole thing.

I've been re-inspired, though, by Susannah Breslin's "Thirty Days of Fiction" wherein she writes thirty flash fictions in thirty days, each in fifteen minutes or less.

Emboldened by her excellent example, I'm going to try my experiment again and label each entry "Polaroid Paragraphs" which has the virtue of being even more cheesy, off-putting and maybe even more confusing than my original "Thirty Minute Photo."

I'm announcing it so that I will feel some small compulsion to follow through, so that, even though the only likely voice will be my own, there will be a voice out/in/wherever there saying "But ... you promised!"

I know - exciting build-up, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment