Monday, October 28, 2013

uhhh ... what did I mean by that ...?

(or "What's that Lassie?  Is Timmy trapped in an old mine shaft!?")

This morning, I found a writing notion scribbled on my idea pad from sometime last week - I'm guessing early Friday morning.  I wrote simply "through a glass darkly" trusting that when I came back to it in an hour, I'd remember enough to fill in the note with more info and tuck it away.  Of course, there are any number of things I could've been trying to tell myself, from the utterly hackneyed to the utterly sublime.  Somewhere along that continuum is the idea I'd had.

I'm normally a lot better about scribbling notions down.  I'll at least get two connecting thoughts on paper before setting it aside.  Not to worry, though, I've got newer things to ponder (which I'd better write down as soon as I finish this).  If the darkened glass returns to me, then it was at least a little insightful.  If not, it was probably crap to start with, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment